Debit Card Protection, 24/7
Did you know that identity theft is the fastest-growing crime in the United States? Many thieves these days have come to rely on the internet, telephones, and even your trash as a means of stealing your identity and your money.
That is why we are proud to partner with smsGuardian to offer text message alerts to our customers at no cost.* This service is tied to your Heartland National Bank debit card, and provides text alerts to you, triggered by situations in which your card was used, all free of charge.*
You can receive text messages when your debit card:
- Authorizations greater than $100
- Is used out of the state
- Is used internationally
- Is used but not swiped (online purchases)
If a transaction is legitimate, you can simply ignore the message. If the transaction is fraudulent, you can reply to the smsGuardian text with the code that you receive and your debit card will be blocked from further use.
How do you enroll for debit card protection 24/7?
- Simply find the “Click Here to Enroll” icon on this page. It will direct you to an enrollment page. When you provide the necessary information and authorize us to activate the service, we will activate smsGuardian.
- Enrollment lasts for one year – at the end of one year you will receive a text alert to re-enroll.
- Click Here to Enroll
- You may discontinue the receipt of Alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to any smsGuardian Alert.
*Message and data rates may apply.